Saturday, November 15, 2008

Breakout









Feliz Sabado!

I freaking have a cut on my lip right in the center of my bottom one because it was so dry that I split the skin. It hurts so bad I want to punch someone. haha... anyways, time to play catch up with my lifeeeee!

I joined the Choir here (haha) ACA, that's what the Americans are always just referred as because that's the program we came with, all the locals just call us ACA. Anyways, ACA started a choir and we had our first practice this week and it was so fun! I've never been in a choir, like a real one, so it was such a cool experience to see all of us come together and sound so good!! Hahah, even though my friends were making fun of me cuz I kept singing the wrong notes... sigh... whatever i can't be perfect ALL the time... just most ;)

So this afternoon me and a friend decided to go to with this mission group to a city called Diamante. We had heard that they do children visitations there so we went at 2:30 to meet everyone and I am SOO happy we decided to go. Diamante is a pretty big city next to the city that my school is in and there was a bus that took about 20-25 of us to the most run-down and pretty poor part of the whole city and do different types of visitations. I got paired into the group where they go to the kids' cafeteria (which was TINY TINY TINNYYYYY) and while we're walking up to the comedor (cafeteria) the kids just start coming out from their houses and greet us and this gave us hand picked flowers and are just so freaking happy to see us there. it was soo sweet, the kids weren't even shy, they were so welcoming even though I was new. They were coming up to me trying to hold my hand hahahaha. i don't even know if theyve ever even seen an asian person before. So we all went into the come and sang songs and they colored and played games and I was just talking to them and it was just such a really really good experience once again. We all know what kids can do to a person... I'm so lucky to be here... :)

The kids would ask me like, "what is ___ in English??" and then I would say it and they'd just all start cracking up. I'd be like ............... hahaha! they thought my English accent was so funny. it was so embarrassing. They thought my mom's name "Eunice" was so hilarious. I was like the eff!!!! hahaha. And this one kid kicked a ball and it hit my head SOO hard. HAHA!!!!! I got so pissed HAHAHAHA and everyone was like ina... youre so retarded shutup. but stupid punk kid! no but the kids were seriously so cuteeeee... even though half the things they said I didn't really understand and they were probably making fun of me the whole time and I had no idea... but WHATEVER! screw Spanish!!!

I met a cute Argentinian boy today. KEKE!!!! I'm gonna work it. Wish me luck. (jk)

I cannot believe it's mid-November already. i have a huge SORE ass pimple on the middle of my chin right now.. and im pushing it as I write this blog. HAHAH what a sexy image.

I really like staying at the school on weekends because it's a really good way to meet locals and practice my Spanish. People here are just so friendly and nice and are so willing and patient when it comes to like me trying to communicate with them. I wish I had crazy stories to write about but i dont i feel so lame! hahaha.

It's so interesting to discover who I actually miss from the states. I really think that that has helped me discover who my TRUE friends are. The people that I truly miss and I actually want to call and whose name occasionally pops up in my journal. Those are the people that I know are real and I will keep as friends for a longgg time. =) that makes me feel happy because true friends are hard to pick out or even realize who they are. and that is how i will end my sappy entry #28397324. HAHA!

2 comments:

Ernest said...

entry #28397324?!?! i think i missed a lot of your entries if that number is accurate. damn.
i think i might do student missionary this summer & go to korea. sally's mom was talking to me about this city in korea where they want it to be very americanized & they're looking for korean-americans to help those koreans adapt... i don't know if that's a real mission trip... but sounds fun! haha!
those kids look cute.. get your mac on them.
C:

soy said...

first of all, i wish you a good luck with the (HOT) Argentinian boys. work your charm!

those kids are so cute!!!!! they all have big eyes.. hahahah. haahahaha. you cutie. and i see the cut above your lip. hahah you CUTIE! gosh i just miss you so much. i wish you were here with all of us.. i'm really trying to accept everything.. but i cant. i cant seem to focus. i watch movies and shows to get my mind off of things. but its really hard. and i keep thinking about simon... it must be so hard cos you're there all alone. i know people have said this to you 234234 times but just stay strong, and hang in there. you know you can call any of the ja girls. gosh i just miss you so much and please please be safe cos anything can happen! i miss you... please eat and get some rest. and.. good luck on your paper! haha. i miss you girrrrrl =D